Have you looked at theDollar Tree
for Homeschool Items?
I love a good bargain. With a limited budget being college students ourselves and homeschooling three kids, I really have to keep an eye out for cheap homeschool items. I search high and low for unique and helpful items. I keep an eye out for FUN items as well.
1. Bible Dvd’s– Famous character’s from the Bible like Noah, Jonah, David, Jesus, etc. includes animated story and songs.
2. Animal Dvd’s– great for a quick science lesson at home or on-the-go. Usually pretty short but informative.
3. Webster Pocket Dictionary– nice, small compact size for travel or school in the backyard!
4. Borders– the kind teachers use on bulletin borders. Make great file folder and matching games if cut apart, numbered, etc.
5. Seasonal Items– great for Tot School and Preschool.
6. Pencils– super cool and super fun seasonal designs to inspire any student! My kids love a brand new pencil. I love getting a pack of 10-12 with super neat designs.
7. Measuring cups and spoons– great for science projects that require equipment that food cannot be used in afterwards.
8. Posters– a variety of educational posters depending on season and store. Sometimes states and capitals or various parts of speech.
9. Calendar– you can often find calendars of all sorts and sizes. If you find a good one with famous artists you can use for Art History or maybe you’ll find a poster sized one you can laminate and use with your younger children.
10. Candy and Food– I often hit Dollar Tree when we are about to have a birthday party for their food items. Sometimes it’s ring pops other times it’s a themed candy or food item only Dollar Tree carries!
What items have you found at a dollar store that have been nice to use in your homeschool? Any other stores with really unique homeschool items?