In my life this week… I spent lots of time on the pc learning about blogging, buffer, socialoomph, tweetdeck, etc. Still lots to learn but automation is definitely the way to go.
In our homeschool this week… we prepared for a new year. We organized some binders. We cleared some more space to play in the backyard. I was able to schedule 2 fieldtrips for co-op. I ordered free resources from ODNR Wildlife, ODNR Forestry, and contacted OSU extension about 4-H.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Find a realy good resource, print it and THEN USE IT. Make sure to put that resource in your daily binder or on your fridge so you can easily use the new resource!
I am inspired by… Ann Voskamp of One Thousand Gifs, still trying to finish her book AND my Hello Mornings group AND my blogger mommy tribe!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… We went to the fair this week and meet lots of friends from MOPS and Homeschool groups. Found out one is doing a Foster to Adopt program and has a teeny-tiny baby boy she is in care of.
My favorite thing this week was… finding our lost dog even though it cost $55 to get him back-ouch!
What’s working/not working for us… We are not on a school schedule of any sort. Mom and Dad start college in 2 weeks. Kids will start school Monday to get a good week in BEFORE Mom and Dad start college.
Questions/thoughts I have… Still learning Social Media, blogging, and trying to keep my sanity!
Things I’m working on…Transforming my backyard into a place everyone wants to be vs. a big weedy mess that everyone hides fromJ
I’m reading… One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, Homeschool Sanity by Sherry Hayes, misc homeschool freebies and resources, Prairie Primer by Margie Gray
I’m cooking… Pizza tonight since I was too tired after searching for 3 hrs for lost dog. Crockpot roast on the day we went to the fair and Hanburger pork ‘n beans with mashed potatoes another day. Hamburgers on the grill with onions and fresh garden tomato sliced. Chocolate Zucchini cake-yummy!
I’m grateful for… having a home even though it is messy and crazy and sometimes even dirty from dog prints and kid spills.
I’m praying for… peace, divorced friends, and getting through another week.
- Being married for 13 years and still learning from one another and loving each other.
- Being a mom of 3 children and not going too crazy, yet.
- Homeschooling 2 elementary school-agers and a tot. Thank goodness for Busy Bags and Tot School.
- Explain what Busy Bags are and where to find ideas- Busy Bag Pinterest board.
- Share Tot School ideas through out school year via posts and Tot School Pinterest.
- Create and share awesome Sensory Bins.
- Explain what Prairie Primer is and the value of Unit Studies.
- Share all the resources for FREE Homeschooling.
- How we transitioned from Christian School to Homeschooling to Eclectic Schooling to Unschooling- sorta?
- How each year has been a little different and what we are learning as a family.
Just saw some really cute items on Amazon that would make super cute Christmas presents! These items are marked down with deep discounts and won’t last long:) Free Shipping with orders over $25-super bonus.
Some really great choices for mind and body games for all ages. The perfect gift for cool weather and to get kids from saying, “Mom, I’m bored!”