Keywords are vital to your SEO strategy. However over the last few years I’ve noticed a low decline in access to quality keyword insights with quick results. In fact, to find information that is both easy and effective, that won’t confuse a beginner, is hard to come by. If you want keywords with value, I am not going to be first to say this, you need to pay for it. Nevertheless, there are some places where you can get keywords without paying but it’s going to be time consuming not to mention, you will have to do some legwork to understand the platform and how to manipulate the search tools. They aren’t going to make it easy for you – Google is the latest of these culprits.
5 Keyword Tools You Can Get for FREE
5 Tips for Utilizing Keywords on Your Blog
- Keywords are words, terms, or short phrases your audience uses when searching for your specific content.
- Essential places you should put your keywords: title of your post, meta description, h1 heading, the first paragraph of your post.
- Try to use your keywords throughout your post. A good percentage of keywords to post text words are approximately 3%. To calculate this use this this caclulator.
- If your keywords are great but your content stinks you are wasting your time. (Sensing a theme here?)
- Never just randomly place your keyword somewhere in your post text, this is founded upon and search engines will penalize you for it. (I’ll be talking more about this tomorrow!)
I’ll be back tomorrow for Day 5 of SEO for Everyone. I’d like to Thank Thaleia Maher of Something 2 Offer for hosting this challenge as well as the other challenge hostesses who are helping to make this event possible. If you are interested in learning more about blogging, boosting your SEO or simply just want to say hi, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
See you tomorrow,