10 Things To Do If Your Alternator Dies
We were on our way to a mommy blog meet-up of all things when our van suddenly coasted to a stop. We were in a very small town at the crossroads of two state routes. Luckily we had lunch and extra snacks packed and we had cell phone reception! We call dad the official go-to-car-guy. We pack Lil’ Red in a stroller and walk down the street a block or so to the “center of town” or 2 small businesses that were closed! One was selling 2 squash for $1 with a sign that said, “please slide money under the door.” Now this is small town America we are talking about:)
1. Call your dad the mechanic. Make sure you have the phone number of AAA, your local mechanic, someone from your church or community who can help you repair or tow your vehicle. Much cheaper then just looking a number up in the phone book.
2. Make sure you know where you are. We were right near an intersection of two state routes clearly marked.
3. Pray that the kids do not get too antsy and that your father can find you, lol. No really you can pray for safety and that everyone has a fun adventure!
4. Knock on a total strangers door in order to use bathroom. I saw an older couple checking their mailbox and bringing out their dogs. I knew they were home and they seemed like a good choice:)
5. Get a great cutting of succulents from said stranger!
6. Allow kids to dig out camp chairs, binoculars, and any other fun thing to pass the time.
8. Let kids run wildly through the back lot of an abandoned business!
9. Have kids ride with grandpa back to car repair barn.
10. See which child wants to help Papa Jim at car barn and who wants to just run around and play. Princess decided to help change out 3 alternators before one worked!