10 Apple Activities
1. Counting– real or plastic apples. You can use number cards or just line them up and count them. (linked to my apple pinterest board with loads of apple fun!)
2. Sorting and Matching– by size, color, taste, etc. You can decide which attribute your child should work and create a fun activity to do it in. I found bulletin board strips from Dollar General that could easily be cut up for this. Each strip has 10 apples. You can number them or letter them or use shapes or words. Again create an activity with your child’s skill level in mind.
4. Transferring/Pouring- Plastic apples or red beads would work great for this. I have plastic apple beads from years ago that I bought at a small hometown bead/craft store. These would be great with a long-handled teaspoon or pouring from a pitcher.
5. Lacing- plastic apples, red wooden blocks, or red beads could all represent apples! Use lacing string or bamboo skewers with the ends dulled for this lacing activity. You could make apple-shaped lacing cards on heavy cardstock. Apple Jacks cereal would be fun to lace on yarn and eat!
6. Art- apples sliced and printed or apple-shaped sponges.
7. Fine Motor- created an a bare apple tree on paper. Then allow you child to place small pom-poms on the tree for apples. You can glue them, use magnetic pom-poms, or glass gems. Be SAFE and monitor your child with small objects and choking hazards!
8. Science- weighing apples, measuring circumference, or checking density by seeing if your apples sink or float could all be adapted for various ages of children.
8. Math- an apple graph of what you can do with apples or the different colors of apples would be a fun math activity.
9. Playdoh Mat– simple to print apple mats and making apple pie scented play-doh would be an added bonus.
10. Taste Test- go to an Apple Orchard or Farmer’s Market to get a variety of apples that are NOT usually in grocery stores OR try a variety of apple products such as:
apples in peanut butter or almond butter
apples dipped in chocolate
I got a little carried away pinning apple recipes-oops!
Photo Play Create Explore.com
A is for Apple– Preschool Unit
Science Printables from SnippetsbySarah.blogspot.com
Apples Preschool and Tot Pack by 2 Teaching Mommies
Letter Aa Printables from 1plus1plus1equals1.com
Apples Days and Months Printable from Owens Family