10 Fall Tot Trays and Activities
One last hurrah for Fall while Thanksgiving and Christmas are almost upon us. I always think way ahead that it’s too early to get out such and such then the next thing I know that month/season/holiday is upon us. Where does the time go?
These Fall Tot Tray ideas will help keep your little learner busy while exploring some fun seasonal trays. Feel free to make substitutions for materials you already own or head to the local craft or dollar store for some inexpensive supplies.
Here are 10 last-minute ideas to do with your tots and preschoolers. Maybe you have the supplies on hand or maybe you can pick up a couple of things at the store. Halloween clearance may prove good for a few things.
1. Acorn & Paint Palette Spooning– plastic acorns from Dollar Tree, melon baller, paint palette and tray!
2. Red/Green Leaf Sort– fake leaves from Dollar Tree, two Easy Mac cups (washed) with Sharpie Marker color dots on the bottoms (could have used stickers), tray.
3. Pumpkin 1,2,3 Count- plastic pumpkin containers (lids removed), sprig of pumpkins (cut apart and sharp parts removed), vinyl numbers, tray.
4. Spider 1 to 1 Match-plastic spiders, pumpkin ice-cube tray (both from Dollar Tree last year), and shiny tray.
5. Apples Size Sequence– use real or paper apples to place apples in order from smallest to largest.
6. Leaf Art– glue small leaves or use leaf stickers to decorate a page. Draw a tree that is loosing it leaves.
7. Pom Pom Color Sort– use small pom poms and mini M&M’s tubes. I happen to have green, yellow, and orange-perfect fall colors. Ask child to match the color of pom pom with the tube. For younger tots, you may have to demonstrate or work with one color at a time.
8. Apple Worm Match (1-10)- cardstock or foam apples with numbers and popsicle sticks with dots to match. Super cute. Super fun!
9. Fall Sensory Bin– Medium plastic tote filled with pumpkin scrubbers, spiders, leaves, acorns, pom poms, etc. I focused on orange, yellow, green, red, purple, and black.
10. Fall Ideas on Pinterest– I just couldn’t get enough variety of pictures of our own activities but I know I pinned some really good stuff.