Simple Chocolate Pudding Pie
I am sure you can find tons of Chocolate Pudding Pie recipes around the internet but I still wanted to share mine with you. This is a hybrid of my mom’s cheesecake recipe and my hubby’s aunt’s chocolate pudding pie recipe. I know that these pies have been called ice-box pies as well.
My sister is continuing with her goal of 4 new recipes per month for 2014. She decided to start this last year. She and her hubby diligently tried a variety of recipes from breakfast to desserts to entrees. Some recipes were crockpot friendly others lent themselves well to being baked in the oven.
I walked my sister through the basic steps of this recipe. Yes, it is very simple but since she doesn’t like these type of desserts she has never made a simple cheesecake or pudding pie.
Graham Cracker Crust
8 oz. Whipped Topping
8 oz. Neufchatel Cream Cheese (Fit & Active Brand)
3.9 oz. Instant Chocolate Fudge Jello Pudding
¾ cup Milk
Bring whipped topping out of freezer and cream cheese out of fridge.
Allow to sit on counter 5-10 minutes to soften.
Scoop whipped topping and cream cheese into bowl.
(Optional garnish with grater or sliced chocolate kiss or bar.)
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 oz. Whipped Topping
- 8 oz. Neufchatel Cream Cheese (Fit & Active Brand)
- 3.9 oz. Instant Chocolate Fudge Jello Pudding
- ¾ cup Milk
- Bring whipped topping out of freezer and cream cheese out of fridge.
- Allow to sit on counter 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Scoop whipped topping and cream cheese into bowl.
- Use electric mixer to mix thoroughly.
- Add pudding and slowly pour in milk.
- Mix until all ingredients are smooth.
- Spread pudding mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours until set and firm. Slice and enjoy. (Optional garnish with grater or sliced chocolate kiss or bar.)
Do you like to make desserts that are quick and easy? Do you prefer fridge desserts or baked desserts?