Well, it looks like we are on a geoboard kick right now! I thought it would be fun to share some creative homemade geoboards that I found. This should save you time and money by making your own! You can use this post as a quick reference this Fall when you need a fun Math or STEM activity for your preschool or young school-age child.
1. Muffin Tin Geoboard– This is a great idea that uses something found in most kitchens across America! We own 3 or 4 different kinds and sizes of muffin tins. We have regular, heart shaped, and mini muffin tins. Stop by And Next Comes L to see all the fun ways to use muffin tins as geoboards!
2. DIY Geoboard with Golf Tees– Styrofoam and golf tee’s have been around for ages but Playground Parkbench offers some incredible free printables you won’t want to miss!
3. Jack-0-lantern Geoboard– explore emotions and facial expressions with this idea from Still Playing School.
4. Thanksgiving Turkey Geoboard– Super cute way to celebrate Thanksgiving with a Turkey geobaord! Super simple to create but oh so cute!
5. Foam Christmas Tree Geoboard– I’m not sure the last time I saw a really good use for a foam cone but this idea is awesome! Fun a Day shows you how to create this simple and fin seasonal geoboard!
6. Clear Travel Geoboard – I love DIY and educational items rolled into one! Left Brain Craft Brain shares a few tips to make this geoboard super easy to make for all your car schooling adventures.
7. Push Pin Geoboard: Made by Child– I might be brave enough to allow my child to make their own geoboard like Hands on as We Grow.
8. Crazy DIY Geoboard– Math and Art collide in this super crazy yet super fun geoboard version from Picklebums.
9. Light Bright Geoboard– Jumbo homemade light bright meet geoboard from And Next Comes L.
10. Cork Board Letters– A great way to learn letters and work on fine motor skills with one activity. Super easy for an adult to set-up as No Time for Flashcards demonstrates.
11. Outdoor Geoboard– this is a great way to bring math outdoors and Carrots are Orange show us how!
12. Constellation Geoboard– Why not add some hands-on fun to learning about the stars like Babble Dabble Do did?
13. Toddler Friendly Geoboard– a great idea to add a kitchen ingredient for fun toddler geoboard from Powerful Mothering.
14. Stump Geoboard- If you have a tree cut down or know of someone in the tree cutting business then hop over to Stimulating Learning to make this geoboard.
15. Bathmat Geoboard– totally love this idea of repurposing! Check out how How We Learn made a geoboard!
If these ideas get you excited and you want more ideas then check out our post about free geoboard printables!