It’s Summer and that means grilling out at least once a week at our house! My husband is an awesome grill cook but he is not keeping his secrets to himself. He has started to teach both Eldest and Princess how to season burgers and steaks as well as how to cook them on our gas grill.
Here are some tips to make grilling easy:
1. Cover your grill racks with foil. We have a very old and very used grill that has racks that have seen better days. We cannot use a grill brush to clean the racks anymore! We use aluminum foil to keep the meat from getting rust onto the food.
2. Preheat you grill. This is an important tip that can make or break the outcome of your meat. If you are like us and love medium well steaks then a preheated grill is essential to your grilling success.
3. Gather your supplies. It is super easy to forget tongs or the seasoning you wanted to try and have to run back inside to grab it. If you leave your grill unattended you risk overcooking or burning your food!
4.Use Proper tools. I would recommend a really nice long pair of tongs, silicone grill mitts, and a long handled lighter to keep your grilling time safe!
5. Ask for an assistant. If you have another adult or older child that can be your runner then you won’t have to run back inside for forgotten supplies. Plus that person can alert mom as to when the food will be coming off the grill.
6. Turn off your gas! We try to make this one of the first lessons in grilling. No one wants to have a grill leak gas or risk blowing up! We don’t smoke but lots of people in the neighborhood does.
I hope that these tips to help make your grilling easy help you have a fun and delicious grilling season!