Ugly Freebie Calendar into DIY Chic
My sister NEVER passes up the chance for something free especially something she uses everyday and would have to buy anyways. Our mom picked up some ugly freebie calendar’s from a local car supply store. I passed on it due to the size of the calendar not the ugliness. I did keep one in case hubby needed a calendar/planner for work.
I looked at my sister and said, “We could cover the thing and make it pretty.” So the transformation began. Just the other night she brought her calendar with her to beautify. I own a ton of scrapbook paper and supplies which she perused to find something to her liking. We super speed scrapped the cover so she could leave to go home so our hubby’s could record their weekly podcast.
This quick tutorial just goes to show how you can turn an ugly freebie calendar into DIY chic. Next time you are about to pass on that freebie just give it another look.
(Disclosure: There are affiliate links within this post. The links provide a way for us to support our site and provide great ideas and content to you! Thanks for your support.)
1) Pick out your scrapbook paper, cardstock, and embelishments.
2) Measure your calendar on paper cutter. Line up the design on your paper and trim the pieces to fit.
3) Glue main patterned paper onto calendar. Cut coordinating pieces including binder piece.
5) Corner pieces were 1 1/2″, 1 3/4″ and 2″ squares cut into triangles.
6) Stamp title or date piece.
7) Glue on binder piece, title piece, and corner pieces.
8) Step back and admire your work!
9) You can add stability to your planner with clear packaging tape around the edges OR contact paper.
10) Glue an extra large card envelope inside to hold recipes or receipts.
Have you found any ugly freebies lately? How were you able to re-purpose or cover it to make it functional and beautiful?