10 Big Red Barn Extension Activities
My youngest child loves Big Red Barn which warms my country girl heart! We bought the board book at a garage sale and it did look brand new. Not anymore my friends after reading it non-stop for a few months multiple times a day!
I wanted to share some of the awesome resources I found online to really make Big Red Barn into a Unit Study for your little one.
Here are 10 of my favorite ideas from my Literaure Ideas pinterest board:
1. Big Red Barn Tutorial by (yours truly)- it’s amazing what you can do with a wipes tub and some recycled supplies plus duct tape!
2. Big Red Barn Sensory Tub from Totally Tots.
3. Big Red Barn Sticker Tray plus Farm Activities from Little Wonder’s Day.
4. Toilet Paper Tube puppets from Crafts by Amanda.
5. Farm Playscape from Pink & Green mama- shows how she created the various areas on the farm. Great for older preschool or elementary students!
6. Printable Farm Pack from 3Dinosaurs!
7. Montessori Farm Theme Unit from Living Montessori Now included links to tons of free printables, unit study ideas, tray work, sensory bins!
8. Cow and Farm Theme from KatherineMaries.com. Her family even went to the largest dairy farm in the USA!
9. Cute Farm Crafts from 2 teaching mommies.
10. Reading Nest plus a bunch of other hands-on activities from The Thoughtful Spot Day!
For more FARM RESOURCES Check out these:
LivingMontessori Now’s Farm Unit Board
Linking up with:
Shannon @ GrowingSlower says
I especially love the toilet paper tube puppets. My little one is so into puppets right now, he would love it! Thanks for linking up with the Tuesday Baby Link Up! I hope you’ll join us again this week!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It’s a great link-up if I get something posted in time. Thanks for the invite.