Well, I belong to a group online that has tons of awesome resources (it’s Prairie Primer Pluses yahoo group) and I belong to another group Prairie Primer Homeschool Support on Facebook.
So on to my FREE Little House on the Prairie and Prairie Primer resources
1. Lapbooking- Literature based for all LHP books, Grey Wolf, Horses
2. Notebooking- Practical Pages: Big Woods Notebook,
3. Unit Studies- Homeschoolingon a Shoestring, Easy Fun School, The Home School Mom, Pioneer Unit Study, Pioneer and Native Americans, Bee Unit Study, Bears, Cow Facts, Owls, Westward Expansion, Wolves, Apples, Midwest States:corn belt/sodhouse/tornado alley, Pony Express/GoldRush/Railroad, Plains Tribes
4. Online Video resources- Early Americans, Fun with History
5. Reports- Animal Science Unit,
6. Pinterest- my Little House/Pioneer/Prairie Primer board
7. Recipes- loads found on Prairie Primer Pluses yahoo group, LHP Official Book site, Pioneer and Log Cabin recipes, Heritage Recipes
8. Music/Games- Pioneer Games,
9. Famous People– Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Fanny Crosby, Noah Webster
10. Blogs using LHP or PP- A Plain and Simple Homeschool, The Crafty Crow, School At Home, We Love Prairie Primer
How about a FREE and Frugal Homeschool Planner to help plan your use of LHP or PP?
Free Printable Calendar to highlight days of Co-op or fieldtrips- got that too:)
IF YOU FOUND THIS POST HELPFUL, Would you please show your support: Join Swagbucks OR tweet OR LIKE! Thanks so much:)
If you cannot find what you are looking for within this post please contact me by leaving a comment, facebook post, or tweet! I’ll be glad to provide more info that is stored on hard drive and direct links aren’t available.
Amy Morgan says
This is very helpful. Thanks so much for sharing. I signed up to get your subscription.
God Bless and have a wonderful day.
Thaleia-thanks so much for posting this! Even though I won’t be teaching my class this year I still plan on incorporating Little House Studies into our school days. This is a blessing. Update on us-we sold our house in 3 weeks! We are all moved out and still local until we can find the perfect home for our family in WV. Keep us in your prayers 🙂 Your in mine!
So glad to hear you sold your house! Stay tuned on website for more homeschool stuff.
Sara @ Embracing Destiny says
Tweeted and shared on FB. Thanks for sharing them here!
Sara, thank you for passing these ideas along! I will continue to add more ideas and resources as I get things organized.
Eddie - The Usual Mayhem says
Thanks for sharing! Thanks also for liking this up to the Little House Link-up; I’m sure it’ll be appreciated by a lot of readers!
Do you know where I can buy this used? I really only need the first unit. I purchased this many years ago and separated it into units. I have all the units except for the first one “Big Woods”. Any thoughts?