- Being married for 13 years and still learning from one another and loving each other.
- Being a mom of 3 children and not going too crazy, yet.
- Homeschooling 2 elementary school-agers and a tot. Thank goodness for Busy Bags and Tot School.
- Explain what Busy Bags are and where to find ideas- Busy Bag Pinterest board.
- Share Tot School ideas through out school year via posts and Tot School Pinterest.
- Create and share awesome Sensory Bins.
- Explain what Prairie Primer is and the value of Unit Studies.
- Share all the resources for FREE Homeschooling.
- How we transitioned from Christian School to Homeschooling to Eclectic Schooling to Unschooling- sorta?
- How each year has been a little different and what we are learning as a family.
Just saw some really cute items on Amazon that would make super cute Christmas presents! These items are marked down with deep discounts and won’t last long:) Free Shipping with orders over $25-super bonus.
Some really great choices for mind and body games for all ages. The perfect gift for cool weather and to get kids from saying, “Mom, I’m bored!”
We usually start school in the kitchen or on the couch, but if the weather is really nice on the 1st day of school we try to do something outside or go to a nature park or play park or something FUN to kick off the new school year!
I decided taking some pictures would be the best way to show you our space-
I’ll be honest we did not get the desk in our kitchen cleaned off or the desktop computer desk area in Princess’ room so those pics will be left out, lol. We also use a laptop, e-reader, and other portable learning tools.
Our outdoor space looks like this:
Thanks for stopping by and peeking into our homeschool world. As we get more organized and use some of our NEW things and find some OLD things we will post them to share.
Please join my blog email list found on right side bar below Lil’ Red’s pic:)
Wow another week has flown by! Where does time go? Cyberspace, kids playing for hours outside, mom cleaning for hours inside, hours spent digging up weeds by the roots,etc. We have had 2 days of cool weather reminding us with a gentle nudge that Fall is coming. I love Autumn I just forget to get ready for it:) Like getting the yard and garden work prepped before winter. Thinning plants and trimming dead things after the birds have plucked all the seeds they can render.
BACK TO THIS WEEK and what we have done and Moments-to-Remember:
We went tree climbing, had an ice cream sundae bar, went to grandma’s (which was a BIG deal for Lil’ Red), played with the neighbors, rode bikes, learned a little bit about using a sewing machine, found a headlight flashlight, played with Thomas the train, and just had fun during one of the last weeks of summer! Next week is fair week so come back for great fair fun pics!
My husband has been studying up on simple magic tricks or illusions. He has been showing the kids some easier ones to do and driving them nuts if they cannot figuer it out. Princess practiced two different tricks using rubberbands and I would say she mastered both of them. Most of the tricks are math related with number combinations and such. What better way to spend a summer afternoon learning with dad!
Just wanted to make a quick announcement that I’m still playing with my blog button! Cannot decide exactly what I want it to look like. Can you help me out?
Here’s the choices:
1. Pink Flower with Pink Text
2. Purple Flower with White Text
3. Yellow Flower with Pink Text
Please comment on your favorite one:)
VOTE for my blog on: