Calling All Sponsors!
Places I Want to Go in 2013!
This blogging mom is ready. I am ready to learn, to explore, to be stretched. I feel that the only way to do that is to get out. GO. BE. DO! It’s time to grab the bull by the horns and DREAM BIG!
I have found some of the most educational and interactive places that I WANT TO GO in 2013. Would you be willing to help me get there? I’m calling all sponsors from large companies to blog reader’s such as yourself. This is a group effort and will take lots of different people praying and doing to make 2013 the best!
First I will tell you where and why, then I will explain how. Yes, I am dreaming big, but that is how winner’s are found and dreams come true!
WHERE & WHY:
This is a two-day intensive event (11 hrs each day!) focused on unleasing the creativity within you and creating a life where wisdom meets passion! This event is organized and hosted by Dan Miller and 48 Days. Cost $500 (just me) or $800 (hubby and I) plus cost of travel and lodging
Friday, April 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM – Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM
The 2:1 Conference is a faith based conference for homeschooling parents who blog (not just about homeschooling), or are otherwise interested in social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Blogging and homeschooling are journeys; each changing with the seasons of our lives. Offering knowledgeable speakers, our goal at 2:1 is to equip you with the tools and confidence needed to succeed in your blogging as well as homeschooling journeys.
We strive to encourage and educate by teaching social media skills, networking techniques and the art of blog crafting. We also stress the importance of maintaining a balance by keeping Christ first in our homes. We are dedicated to ensuring every attendee comes away from 2:1 with new tools, resources and skills as well as a renewed spirit. Our desire is to solidify your homeschool resolve as we cultivate social media skills and connections.
May 16 – May 18 Nashville, TN
The Teach Them Diligently Convention is a homeschool convention that celebrates the focus of Christian home education—which is the discipleship of children to glorify God. Therefore, the purpose of this homeschool convention goes much further than simply education at home. Added to the normal teaching resources are the themes of Missions, discipleship, and how to parent as a Christian. Over the years we have come to learn that home education is a form of ministry. Whether we realize it or not, we reproduce who we are in our children. Therefore, we have a constant need for renewal and encouragement in Christ. This is the reason for homeschool conventions; at least, this is the reason for the Teach Them Diligently Convention. We believe that our convention should be a waterfall of enrichment and encouragement in Christ, and a re-focus toward discipleship. Consequently, we have invited such speakers as Voddie Baucham, Ken Ham, Pam Tebow, Heidi St. John, Davis and Rachel Carmen, Debra Bell, Hal and Melanie Young, and many others to minister to the homeschool families at the Teach Them Diligently Convention. Homeschool, Christian Parenting, and Discipleship are all a lifestyle.
If you are a Christian Homeschool Family, this is the Convention you want to attend. Teach Them Diligently Convention is an experience that you do not want to miss, and it is built for the entire family!
Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM – Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 4:00
Reviewer’s Retreat at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, is the first conference geared specifically toward the issues and challenges faced by bloggers in the review genre. This brand-friendly conference welcomes company and agency representatives as building and strengthening relationships between bloggers and brands is one of the conference’s primary goals.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM – Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM
The Allume conference exists to offer a gathering place for kindred spirits to connect, learn, grow, and be refreshed so they can persevere in being a people who bring hope to the world through the social media medium. We want to reflect His Light in all our spheres of influence. Our goal is to go beyond the surface into intentional blogging and real life living, all to the glory of God. Allume is a one-of-a-kind conference that seeks to engage women by teaching blogging techniques and social media skill while also urging and encouraging women to live fully integrated lives with their faith and family.
With all these conference choices, which do I really want to attend?
Well, if I could only choose two conferences during 2013 then I would choose:
2:1 conference since it deals with homeschooling and blogging and that fits our family very well. This conference would be an all family vacation style trip (hoping to stay longer in TN after the conference via Cabins For You.)
Then it would be a tough decisions between Reviewer’s Retreat and Allume. Both seem to offer excellent resources. RR is not claiming to be a Christian retreat so that could be something I need to further look into whereas Allume is very Christian and connected to growing a blogger for Christ.
1. SUBSCRIBE-You can subscribe to my blog. Why? Companies look for up and coming blogs that are constantly increasing their numbers especially blog subscribers. Forwarding an email to your friends is great especially if you encourage them to stop by Something 2 Offer!
2. FOLLOW on Twitter- Loyal Twitter followers will RT my new posts or something they learned from my site.
3. LIKE my Something 2 Offer Facebook Fanpage– likes equal more shares and interactions across the internet. More people who read about me through your Facebook page means more opportunities to share what Something 2 Offer is all about!
4. PIN– following me or liking a pin on pinterest all helps to increase more awareness of Something 2 Offer.
5. PARTICIPATE– leave blog comments, enter giveaways, read articles that were posted BEFORE you heard about Something 2 Offer. This increases pages views and helps keep my STATS on the rise!
6. FILL ME IN– if you read about a company or sponsorship opportunity no matter how big or small please pass it along. If I’m unable to participate in that opportunity I know a few dozen other blogger moms that just might qualify.
7. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN– you never know when you may see an opportunity and think ” I just cannot do that” or “That is not for me” BUT is it a blogger opportunity that fits Something 2 Offer? Maybe you received an email invitation, survey, or try me opp that you don’t feel is quite right for you, then please forward it along to me. I would love to check it out.
8. PRAY FOR US– we can use your prayers and you can use the practice, lol. (Silly saying that my hubby and MIL tease each other with!) It is true prayer can make the difference between life or death and miracles. I believe in modern miracles as well as hard work.
9. JOIN US– I have quite a few affiliate programs and links that earn pts for free products that I can then review and giveaway or use for gifts for my children.
Here’s a short list of them:
TYNDALE REWARDS-I’m a member of the Tyndale Rewards Program, where I earn pts. toward free books and Bibles! Join today using code: k05n-il0h-t4vm-4aq5, you’ll automatically get 25 pts. for signing up!
SWAGBUCKS– just another place to search for things like you would on google:) but earn points for gift cards. Amazon gift cards are our favorites:)
AMAZON– we have an affiliate program with Amazon.com for anyone who click on our link and then places an order. Every little bit helps:)
EJUNKIE- ebooks you see some in my right sidebar (Homeschooling by the Numbers, Teach Me To Serve, Meal Planning Made Simple, Whole Foods on a Budget, Homeschool Planner (editable) , Homemaker’s Guide to Creating the Perfect Schedule, 31 Days to Build a Better Spouse
Deborah and Co.– modest women’s, girls, and maternity plus accessories
SEE THE LIGHT- art instruction for homeschoolers
ALL WEB activity comes into play as far as my ability to get sponsored for an event or conference. Recently I found out about Alexa ratings and Klout scores. Some companies use these to offer review opportunities to bloggers.
Could you take a minute to RATE MY SITE on Alexa? A short positive review would be most appreciated.
SPONSORS Please check out my sponsorship page of how we can work together to promote your brand, product, or service.