For this Tot School we are actually reviewing a garlic press and peeler from Alpha Grillers. I love involving my children in everyday activities like cooking. Lil’ Red loves to help and does the best that any toddler can. He has incredible fine motor skills but we love to encourage him to keep practicing those skills.
Everytime a new package comes in the mail, Lil’ Red is always curious as to what’s inside. We opened the garlic peeler and press and set out a head of garlic. Usually I let him try and peel the skin off the garlic clove. He is a big help when I am mincing garlic by hand or using a garlic press.
The softness of the silicone garlic peeler is great for all hands, young and old. Hubby and I first showed Lil’ Red how to put the cloves in and roll the peeler back and forth. He really enjoyed this easy task.
I think his favorite part was putting the cloves of garlic in the tube and then letting them slide out. He did this a number of times. Soon we took some of the peeled cloves and used them in the press. This was a very quick and easy activity to set-up for fine motor and sensory play but kept him engaged for quite some time.
Introducing the Alpha Grillers Garlic Press and Peeler Set Features:
1. Premium solid stainless steel garlic press
2. Mince unpeeled cloves with ease (peel stays in – minced garlic comes out!)
3. Ergonimically designed for easy squeezing
4. Works great for pressing ginger too
5. Premium silicone garlic peeler (insert clove -> roll tube back and forth -> tip out perfectly peeled clove)
6. Dishwasher safe
7. Beautifully presented in luxury gift box
8. BONUS EBOOK: “50 Delicious Recipes Using Crushed and Sliced Garlic”
The Secret to Quick and Easy Minced Garlic Every Time!
The Best Peeler on The Market:
– Simple to use: insert clove -> roll back and forth -> tip out perfectly peeled clove
– Extensively tested to identify the best texture and thickness of silicone for optimal peeling
– Highly durable and dishwasher safe
The Best Press on The Market:
– Solid stainless steel garlic press will last year after year without any corrosion
– Ergonomically design so very little effort is required to squeeze
– Easily minces both peeled and unpeeled cloves and even works great with ginger!
– Easy to clean and totally dishwasher safe
Wait a sec.. If I can press unpeeled cloves why do I need a peeler??
Excellent question! The press works great on unpeeled cloves; however, it does required quite a bit more force to squeeze them though. Also, to get maximum yield you will always need to use peeled cloves. If you are looking to slice your garlic you will need to peel it first too!
Here’s some pictures of mom and dad using our new tools:
If you cook with garlic often then I would recommend saving yourself a lot of time by using a garlic press and peeler. We have had another press for years and we use it a couple of time s week. This is our first experience with a peeler and so glad we have this new cooking tool to use from Alpha Grillers!
Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I have used affiliate links to provide a quick reference to specific products which does support our site.